Google duo for PC browser is out and it makes video calling much easier. The good news for the computer and laptop users is that Google has announced the Web Version of Google Duo. This means you need not to install the Google Duo app through any of the emulators like Blue Stacks etc. All you need to do is open your browser and visit the Google Duo web version through its website and use the Google Duo app on your PC. So no more hassle searching for a reliable software set up to use Google Duo for PC. The Google Duo web was announced a couple of days ago.
About Google Duo video calling App:
Google Duo is a video and audio chat mobile app developed by the pioneer in the software industry Google. The app was previously available for Android and iOS operating systems. The Google Duo app was announced on May 18, 2016 during the Google’s Developers Conference. The mobile version of Google Duo app was made available on August 16, 2016. The app got popular because of its high quality and absolutely great features. The users can make video calls in high definition providing them a quality experience to get in touch with their loved ones. The app was optimized for low bandwidth networks which will help the users even during a weak internet connection. The Google Duo app can be used through an internet connection via Wi-Fi or cellular network of your mobile device.
The features of Google Duo app are simply amazing. The app is designed in a very simple and user convenient form and can be used by the people who are not tech savvy. The features of the Google Duo app are as follows:
- Google Duo Web allows the users to make video and audio calls in high quality and definition through the website duo.google.com
- The app provides the end-to-end encryption for a secure connection in order to enhance the privacy of chats.
- The video calls made through Google Duo web are in 720p HD video formats providing the users a great calling experience.
- The app optimizes itself based on the strength of the internet signal.
- It is optimized for low-bandwidth networks to facilitate great experience even during slo0w internet connections.
- The users can make the calls through the phone numbers or the email addresses of the users as they are linked to the Google Duo app.
- The app automatically switches between Wi-Fi and cellular networks depending upon the connection strength and prefers Wi-Fi over cellular network.
- The “Knock Knock” feature allows the users to see a live preview of the caller before answering the call.
- The Google Duo app allows the users to leave voice messages if the person on the other side is unable to answer the call.
- The Google Duo is available for free to use on mobile phones running on Android, iOS and for computers or laptops through the website duo.google.com.
How to set up Google Duo web for video calling?
You can set up the Google Duo web account on your computer or any other device. But you need to have an active internet connection and a mobile device with Google Duo app installed on it. Follow the below steps to use Google Duo web:
- Make sure that the device you are using is connected to the active internet connection.
- Open the browser and visit the website duo.google.com
- You can see two options namely “I’m new to Duo” and “I already use Duo”.
- The “I’m new to Duo” allows you to create an account if you have not used the Google Duo app in past.
- You will be asked to provide the mobile phone number.
- Once you provide the mobile phone number, you will get a verification code on that number.
- You will be asked to enter that verification code in the next step.
- You will be asked to allow the browser to receive calls on the respective device.
- In the next step, you can see the list of your contacts using the Google Duo.
- You can choose any contact you want to make a video or an audio call with.
- If you choose the “I already use Duo” option, you need to have the Google Duo app installed on your Android or iOS device.
- In this case, open the Google Duo app and open the settings.
- Add your account in the settings.
- Now open the browser of the computer or laptop and visit the website duo.google.com
- You will be asked to follow the similar process of providing your phone number and the verification code sent to it.
- In this simple way, you can access the Google Duo web services through your laptop or PC.
Hope you got all the information regarding the Google Duo web version made available for the users of laptops and computers. Please keep visiting this page to stay updated with the new technology releases.
You may like to check how to download google duo app for android mobiles